Helping close the gaps in the BST
The Utah Division of Outdoor Recreation has announced the 2023 round of Outdoor Recreation Grants! This was a record year for this important program, totaling over $16 million in 90 projects. Among these are several that are directly related to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail:
- Provo City: $750,000 for improving the Rock Canyon Trailhead Park, a crucial access point for the BST
- Lehi City: $175,000 for building more trails on Traverse Mountain, which could include a shorter BST connection than the current Sensei-Momentum-Traverse Traverse
- Trails Foundation of Northern Utah: $200,000 for building a bridge over the Weber River near I-84 and connecting trails that will do double duty as the BST and the Weber River Parkway
- Springville City: $200,000 for building a new bike park in Spring Canyon that will include a new trailhead and access trails for the BST
- Farmington City: $1,000,000 for reconstructing the trail along Farmington Creek, and oh by the way, connecting it to the BST
These are important projects that will improve the BST and its accessibility, and we look forward to seeing them under construction over the next couple years!